Friday, May 9, 2014

April's Milk Quality Test Results

So late in posting this!  It's already well into May.  But, the test results are just as great as usual.

SPC <2500 / mL
Coliform <1 / mL
SCC <100,000 /mL

I'm just going to quote what I have previously written about my test results, because that's easier than trying to find a new way to say I'm happy with my results.

"SPC is Standard Plate Count (total bacteria, good or bad).  Coliform is environmental bacteria (may or may not include fecal).  SCC is Somatic Cell Count and an elevated number can indicate mastitis or can be reflective of injury to the udder.

State tests do not detect less than the values I have shown above.  To pass state tests, the SPC needs to be below 15,000/mL, Coliform less than 25/mL, and SCC less than 500,000/mL.  Once again, I am very pleased with my results, and find it very reassuring to know that the milk I am drinking and selling is extremely high quality milk."

No comments:

Post a Comment